Why start something you don't feel like finishing?

Sunday, June 18, 2006

two trees grow in Pennsylvania



Dear Internetweb,

Unfortunately, the post immediately preceding this one is a self-portrait of an angry man in a chicken hat. This post will be nothing like that. I know it's been a while since I've written, dear readers, and you've probably been wondering what's been going on, what with the broken leg and the burgeoning love affair and such. Preamble, ramble, etc. etc.

I'M GETTING MARRIED!

On May 24, one Tolsun Waddle asked this humble blogger to marry him, and she said yes. (He did this in person, not via the internet, just to be clear.) So there you have it. In a very special stupid.ltw guest appearance, here's a few words from the mystery man himself.


Hello. How are you? Yes, I'm very much in love, [insert other wonderful lovey-dovey things here]. Please don't make fun of my last name. Trust me, I'm not encouraging her to take it. That is all.


Bravo.

FAQ
Q: How long have you known each other? (to be said in a slightly incredulous tone)
A: About three and a half months. We rounded up to four when telling my parents.

Q: When/where's it gonna happen?
A: We're thinking spring of next year. Say, May 6, 2007. You know, 05/06/07. And it's going to be in Philly at an undisclosed, yet utterly fabulous, location.

Q: Am I invited?
A: No. Okay, maybe. I don't even know who all of you are. Damn internet weirdoes.

Q: What did your parents say when you told them?
A: Oh, you mean this morning, two days after they met him for the first time? Yeah, it went pretty well. Actually, really well, considering how nervous and apprehensive we both felt going in. Basically, I said "Mom, Dad, we have something to tell you" and then he did most of the talking.

Q: Where are you going to live?
A: In Philadelphia.

Q: What's his name again?
A: Tolsun. It's really not that hard. How many English majors do we have in the audience? Go ahead, raise them high.

Q: Are you sure this is a good idea?
A: [this is actually a serious answer] I'm more certain of this than I have ever been of anything else in my entire life. It's really too amazing to convey in words.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratz, Tolsun. Huzzah.

- Jesse

3:01 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

course, this is, upon further inspection, the website of lucky fiance. Congratulations to you as well.

- Jesse

3:02 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home